Purple Bob's Hobbies

Bob's Little Purple Bear Cave Of Model Kit And Hobby Supplies
Welcome To Purple Bob's Hobbies Forum

Drivers Eye View Video!! Brilliant!!

Chat about full scale railways... All countries and all types Standard and Narrow Gauge.

Drivers Eye View Video!! Brilliant!!

Postby Micron » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 pm

The title of the video more or less translates as: Drivers Eye View. Kurihama to Yokohama bet ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ Shinagawa Takasago 600 Type Electric Multiple Unit.

An hour and a half of Japanese drivers eye view on this route.... Just absolutely brilliant. Well worth a look if you're really into your trains. Probably not worth a look if you're not :lol:

What's more... if your computer can handle it you can watch it full screen in HD.. Stunning clarity and for me at least, great entertainment. Couldn't resist posting this one when I found it. I just so wish our railways were this efficient and clean cheap to ride and just generally superb.

Every stop. Bang on the nail! you'll see the little white diamond on a stick at the stopping point for each station. (just to the right of the track) and this guy gets the cab front lined up with it every single time on every stop, even from high speed. Astounding accuracy.

ENJOY!!

Micron
Global Moderator

Re: Drivers Eye View Video!! Brilliant!!

Postby jimbo jones » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 pm

That is very cool, are there more of these long videos I only found short ones on youtube.

Jim.
jimbo jones

Postby Micron » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:59 am

Yes Jim.... There a quite a few now. I think it's since YouTube introduced the new video editing option.

You can upload several shorter videos and stitch them together directly on YouTube. This guy in Japan has uploaded hundreds of videos, mostly buses. But quite a few train ones too.

I'm trying to find some good cab view ones for the Shinkansen... Not having much luck right now finding good ones. If anybody else spots a good one, please let us know or you can upload the link here if you want to.

In the meantime... here's another one that's an hour and a half in HD.
Shizuoka → Tokyo, express and "East Sea" Drivers Eye View.
This is one of the Meter Gauge, (corection, actually they're mostly 1,067 mm/​3 ft 6 in gauge lines) that the Japanese are so fond of on their suburban routes. They only use 4 ft 8-1/2 in, on the Shinkansen high speed lines.
announcements on the train are in Japanese and English... So if you listen carefully you get all the information.

Best Regards,
Jules (Micron).
Micron
Global Moderator

Postby jimbo jones » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey! Thanks Jules. I'll keep an eye open for a Shinkansen cab ride video. I couldn't see one but if I do I'll put it up here. Maybe that somebody else knows where there is one on the Youtube site.

These look great, very interesting as well. A lot of things are different to railways in Britain. Makes it very much worth watching.

Jim.
jimbo jones

Return to Trains Railways Railroads Full Size